Iowa Trails Summit in Cedar Falls and Waterloo, June 15-16
The third annual Iowa Trails Summit will bring user groups and state officials to Cedar Falls and Waterloo June 15-16. Previous summits have attracted hikers, cyclists, cross-country skiers, mountain bikers, inline skaters, equestrians and motorized users as well as Iowa Department of Transportation officials.
Summit speakers at the Schindler Education Center on University Northern Iowa campus on June 15 will focus on reconnecting children with trails, Iowa's vision for healthy communities and the future of trails development in Iowa, according to the Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier. June 16 will be a Family Fun Day, and multi-use trails exhibition will take place at the Riverview Recreation Area in Waterloo.
Kayaks and canoes, hiking, ATV rides, biking and horseback riding will be available for free to the public. Food will be available for purchase.
To register for the summit, go to www.friendsofiowatrails.org. For more information, email email@example.com.
- New: Great Lakes Marathon Series
- Research money raised by Callie Rohr Memorial Canoe Race, June 8-9
- 2013 Tour of America's Dairyland races set
- Backroads Banderdinker celebrates paddlesports
- Upper Midwest Endurance Challenge announced
- 20 mile of singletrack groomed for snow biking in Marquette, Mich.
- Porcupine Mountains Trail Marathon to debut Oct. 5
- 30-mile Mt. Borah Epic added to CAMBA Festival of Trails
- WinterDASH 5K obstacle course returning to Bayfield, Wis.
- Mad City 100K to serve as national championship in 2013, 2014