Lake Superior SUP & Kayak Festival, July 8-10
The first Lake Superior SUP (stand-up paddle boarding) and Kayak Festival in Cornucopia, Wisconsin, July 8-10, will feature races, awards, equipment demos, sea cave tours, workshops and clinics, a Hawaiian-themed banquet, artist display booths and more.
Born in Hawaii, SUP is an ancient sport but also the fastest-growing water sport in the world. Similar to, and sometimes called "walking on water," one uses an oversized surfboard with a long shafted paddle. It is fun, easy to learn and offers a great core workout.
The first-time festival will focuses on fun events, great Hawaiian food and cutting-edge instruction. Besides the awards banquet, Saturday evening will include raffles and exciting SUP film footage. Make scenic memories of your on Sunday morning with SUP and kayak guided tours to Lake Superior's sea caves.
For more information, contact Rik Pauli at 715/798-3784 or firstname.lastname@example.org. To register, go to www.fluid-adventures.com.
- New: Great Lakes Marathon Series
- Research money raised by Callie Rohr Memorial Canoe Race, June 8-9
- 2013 Tour of America's Dairyland races set
- Backroads Banderdinker celebrates paddlesports
- Upper Midwest Endurance Challenge announced
- 20 mile of singletrack groomed for snow biking in Marquette, Mich.
- Porcupine Mountains Trail Marathon to debut Oct. 5
- 30-mile Mt. Borah Epic added to CAMBA Festival of Trails
- WinterDASH 5K obstacle course returning to Bayfield, Wis.
- Mad City 100K to serve as national championship in 2013, 2014