Stage cities set for 2011 Tour of America's Dairyland, June 16-26
Event promoter Midwest Cycling Series, LLC, has announced the 2011 schedule for the Tour of America's Dairyland, presented by Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board.
The third year of the omnium competition will travel throughout 11 Wisconsin communities, June 16-26, including three new venues, a featured stop on the USA CRITS Series, and a non-aero equipment Time Trial.
Thur., June 16: Shorewood Criterium Cycling Classic (Pro Men and Pro Women races only)
Fri., June 17: Thiensville Criterium
Sat., June 18: Giro d' Grafton (Part of USA CRITS Series)
Sun., June 19: Carl Zach Cycling Classic (Criterium)
Mon., June 20: Greenbush Road Race
Tues., June 21: Schlitz Park Criterium (new 2011 Milwaukee venue)
Wed., June 22: Ripon Time Trial (non-aero equipment)
Thur., June 23: Sheboygan Harbor Centre Bike Race
Fri., June 24: Fond du Lac Bicycling Gran Prix (criterium)
Sat., June 25: ISCorp Downer Classic (criterium on Milwaukee's Eastside)
Sun., June 26: Madison Capital Criterium (new 2011 venue)
In 2011, more than $110,000 in cash and primes will be awarded to racers of multiple categories during the Tour of America's Dairyland. The Oarsman Capital Green Jersey for the best amateur male and female riders will once again be featured as will some other added incentives and acknowledgements.
Wauwatosa, Wis. native James Stemper (Kenda Pro Cycling presented by GEARGRINDER) took home the coveted yellow and white cow print Overall Jersey in the Men's Pro 1/2 category in 2010, with Sarah Caravella (Team CARD) emerging as the Overall Pro Women's winner.
Endorsed and supported by the Wisconsin Cycling Association and United States Cycling Federation, additional 2011 Tour of America's Dairyland news will be posted at www.TourofAmericasDairyland.com), on Facebook (Tour of America's Dairyland), and on Twitter (@ToADcyclingrace).
Advance online registration will be open at www.SportsBaseOnline.com.
- New: Great Lakes Marathon Series
- Research money raised by Callie Rohr Memorial Canoe Race, June 8-9
- 2013 Tour of America's Dairyland races set
- Backroads Banderdinker celebrates paddlesports
- Upper Midwest Endurance Challenge announced
- 20 mile of singletrack groomed for snow biking in Marquette, Mich.
- Porcupine Mountains Trail Marathon to debut Oct. 5
- 30-mile Mt. Borah Epic added to CAMBA Festival of Trails
- WinterDASH 5K obstacle course returning to Bayfield, Wis.
- Mad City 100K to serve as national championship in 2013, 2014