Banderdinker heads to Hayward, Wis., June 4
What is the Banderdinker? Nothing too serious. It is an opportunity to slow down and enjoy some old fashioned fiddles, food and fun. It involves an 8K kayak or canoe paddle around the Big Island of Nelson Lake near Hayward, Wisconsin.
To be clear, what the Banderdinker is not is a race. But during the morning paddle, participants will want to reach several checkpoints where they will be treated to some live music, treats and receive a Lumbang Banderdinker Necklace, all right on the water.
For the competitive types, however, there will be Dinker Drag Races at noon.
The cost is $23, not including rental kayaks which are available.
The proceeds from the event will be split abetween the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, Hayward Wesleyan Church and Northwoods Strings.
Curious to know how the name of the event was chosen? Find out at www.banderdinker.com.
The Banderdinker Company is a charitable nonprofit organization holding annual kayak events for participants to experience and enjoy nature while promoting spiritually and physically healthy lifestyles.
- Mud Run Training is coming to The YMCA in Rhinelander, WI
- UCare City of Lakes Tri-Loppet Summer Festival, June 29
- Chequamegon Fat Tire Fest awards race spots
- New: Great Lakes Marathon Series
- Research money raised by Callie Rohr Memorial Canoe Race, June 8-9
- 2013 Tour of America's Dairyland races set
- Backroads Banderdinker celebrates paddlesports
- Upper Midwest Endurance Challenge announced
- 20 mile of singletrack groomed for snow biking in Marquette, Mich.
- Porcupine Mountains Trail Marathon to debut Oct. 5