Apostle Islands Inline Race, June 18
The 2nd Annual Apostle Islands Inline Marathon will offer a course that is smooth and in great condition. The one-of-a-kind location is scenic Madeline Island, one of the Apostle Islands in northwest Wisconsin.
This race offers a full inline marathon, an ALMT (a little more than) half marathon and a fun race. Something for every inline skating enthusiast.
Apostle Islands Inline is not only a fun and friendly race, but most of the course includes pavement that was laid in 2009. With smooth pavement, the skaters can lift their heads up and enjoy the scenery of the forests and Lake Superior.
The Madeline Island Ferry Line will provide skaters transportation to LaPointe on Madeline Island. The 25-minute trip will provide spectacular views of Lake Superior and several of the 22 Apostle Islands.
For more information check out www.apostleislandsinline.com or call 800/284-9484.
- Mud Run Training is coming to The YMCA in Rhinelander, WI
- UCare City of Lakes Tri-Loppet Summer Festival, June 29
- Chequamegon Fat Tire Fest awards race spots
- New: Great Lakes Marathon Series
- Research money raised by Callie Rohr Memorial Canoe Race, June 8-9
- 2013 Tour of America's Dairyland races set
- Backroads Banderdinker celebrates paddlesports
- Upper Midwest Endurance Challenge announced
- 20 mile of singletrack groomed for snow biking in Marquette, Mich.
- Porcupine Mountains Trail Marathon to debut Oct. 5