On newsstands now, the August 2015 issue of Silent Sports, featuring:
* Joel Patenaude pedaling the hilly roads and singletrack around Viroqua, Wisconsin. He also hears tell of a paved trail and historic hotel around Perry, Iowa, attracting riders over state lines.
* Kierstin Kloeckner pausing to consider the meaning of the start white ghost bikes placed where cyclists have been killed in collisions with motorists.
* Pete Pronold recounting the humble beginnings of his 30-plus years as a triathlete.
* Eve Graves talking to two young men from Michigan as they hike the entire 4,300-mile North Country National Scenic Trail.
* Dave Foley kayaking along Michigan’s Sleeping Bear Dunes Lakeshore.
* Lou Dzierzak asking renown explorer Will Steger to recount his paddle through the spring ice of the Boundary Waters in northern Minnesota.
* Darren Bush turning to literature to help explain his love for the Wisconsin River.
The August issue also includes a special stand-alone calendar of fall 2015 upper Midwest marathons and ultramarathons in addition to the regular calendar of running, biking, paddling and multisports events for August, September and October.
To order a copy call 888-706-4045 of subscribe online here.